lunes, 10 de marzo de 2008

Mermaid Skirt

The skirt was rather easy to do. I chose the pattern for a long straight skirt with a zipper at the back. Though I knew the skirt must be tight, I didn't do it much tight or I wouldn't be able to walk. For the mermaid-look I placed a "godet" at the back. I do not know how to say "godet" in English but as the skirt was straight and I wanted some tail at the back, I placed something like a triangle of the fabric of the skirt to give to it the mermaid-look.
La falda fue sencilla.Escogí un patrón para una falda recta larga con cremallera detrás. Aunque la falda debía ser ajustada, no la hice demasiado o no podría andar. Para que quedara como la original en la terminación de sirena le coloqué un godet en la parte de detrás.



For the fabric I prefered to use a white-beige satin and black lace over it, to give the appearance of the white-black pattern. I know some others have chosen a white and black-patterned fabric, but I wanted to use lace. This pic is of the skirt, it is a side-view, so you can see the "godet". I know it is not a pic with quality, but I am still getting used to my camera!
Para el tejido usé un satín blanco sucio con encaje negro por encima, así seguía el patrón negro-blanco. Sé que hay gente que lo ha hecho usando una sola tela con dibujo en blanco y negro, pero prefiero el encaje. La foto es de la falda puesta de lado, para que se vea el godet. No es una foto de calidad pero estoy aprendiendo a manejar mi cámara nueva.


No hay comentarios: