lunes, 10 de marzo de 2008

Final Gown



This is the pic of the final gown! I liked the corset, though it was not tight enough, I could have made it tighter, though, based on experience, it would have been harder to breath and move.For the ornament of the neck I used black velvet an lots of different types of glass beads in black. For the central piece I chose to add bigger glass beads squeare shaped and also black sequins. The look of it was wonderful as the light reflects on the beads and it is really nice, though in the pic you cannot appreciate it enough.
Esta es al foto del resultado. Me gusta el corset, aunque no quedo demasiado estrecho, podría haberlo hecho más ajustado, pero, basándome en mi experiencia, me habría costado respirar bien y moverme. Para el adorno del cuello usé terciopelo negro y muchos abalorios de color negro y con diferentes formas. Para la pieza central añadí abalorios cuadrados y lentejuelas. La verdad es que queda bonito porque al darle la luz el efecto es precioso aunque en la foto no se aprecie.

When I was with that dress on people thought my costume was from Cabaret, I prefer not to comment on that, but one day I promise I will make a Cabaret dress just to see if it works the other way round! I could have put a pic from the back but my cat was doing catish things and it was difficult. Besides, my mother has problems with my camera, so... The only thing you can see from the back is that the corset closes with black lace. The original corset was different at the back, as it was closed, I suppose they used some invisible zipper or maybe hooks and eyes or something like that. I prefer lacing, no doubt!
Llevando el vestido me preguntaron si iba de Cabaret, me abstengo de hacer comentarios, pero un día proemto hacer un vestido de Cabaret a ver si la confusión es en ambos sentidos. Podría haber puesto una foto de la espalda pero mi gata estaba haciendo cosas felinas y me resultaba difícil domarla. Además, mi madre tiene problemas con mi cámara así que... Lo único que se ve en la espalda es que el corset va abrochado con un tipo de cordón que se llama cola de ratón. El corste original es diferente, quizá lleve una cremallera invisible o algún tipo de corchetes. Sin lugar a duda prefiero abrocharlo con cordón.

I do not know what my next project would be...I want to have a purple corset, or maybe I try with a light fabric and black lace, I do not know...when I have time, I will take new pics of my Marie Antoinette dress and all its parts, one day...
No sé de qué proyecto hablaré ahora...quiero hacerme un corset morado o quizá mezclando un satén claro con encaje, no sé...cuando tenga tiempo pondré fotos de mi traje de María Antonieta, algún día...

No hay comentarios: