miércoles, 26 de marzo de 2008

Corset and undergarments


This is a photograph of the corset and the undergarments. The corset has three layers of fabric: white satin, and two of linen. I also used plastic boning and black bias tape for the borders. I like this corset to be worn under the dress because it is not very tight and I can breath and move without problem. For the undergarments, I used light green linen and plastic boning for the structure. I know there are patterns for the undergarments, but as I did not know then, I think I made a nice job with my undergarments, at least they were able to support the weight of the skirt at of the dress. I found the idea in a site but now I do not remember where...
Esta fotografía es del corset y la estructura que soporta la falda. El corset tiene tres capas de tela: satén blanco y dos de lino. Usé ballenas de plástico y bies negro para los contornos. Este corset está bien para llevarlo debajo dle vestido porque no es demasiado ajustado y permite respirar y moverse sin problemas. Para la estructura usé lino de color turquesa claro y ballenas de plástico para el soporte. Venden patrones para esto pero como no lo sabía por entonces, creo que quedó bien, al menos sujeta el peso de la falda y el del vestido. Encontré la idea en internet pero no recuerdo dónde exactamente...

The problem with the undergarments was that I was "too wide" to go through doors, so I have to turn myself or take the dress to make it more narrow. As the boning structure consists of just horizontal "bones", it was very easy to move it and make it comfortable when I sit.
El problema con la estructura de la falda es que es muy ancha para cruzar las puertas, así que tengo entrar de perfil o sujetar la estructura para que ocupe menos. Como el soporte es con ballenas en horizontal, es fácil sentarse.

This is the pic I took from the back. You can see the corset at the back with its lacing and eyelets in black. You can also see how the undergarments are not a circle around me but rather an ellipse, as most of Marie Antoinette's dresses and as the ones worn in Las Meninas - though not to that extent.
Esta es al foto de la espalda. Se puede ver el corset y el cordón atravesando los ojetes de color negro (sé que suena mal). También se ve la estructura del "can-can" que no es tal sino más bien guardainfante, y cómo no tiene forma circular sino elíptica, como la de los vestidos de María Antonieta o lo de Las Meninas- aunque no hasta ese extremo.

Over the undergarments I wore a maroon skirt of canvas. It was a nice colour because it matched with the gown. Though Marie Antoinette usually appears with light-colour dresses, I wanted something stronger, so I decided to choose the combination of black and red-maroon. I was lucky because I find a very nice fabric with a beautiful pattern, something like flowers and leaves.
Sobre el guardainfante llevaba una falda granate de lona. Es un color bonito porque queda bien con el del vestido. Auqnue la mayoría de los trajes con los que aparece María Antonieta son de color pastel, quería algo más fuerte, así que usé una tela que mezcla el negro con un rojo-granate. Tuve suerte porque encontré un tejido precioso con un dibujo bonito con motivos de algo parecido a lores y hojas.

1 comentario:

Luis dijo...

Each time I hear about a corset a nasty image comes to my mind.

Frak you off.

(Entre nosotros, eres una artista)