lunes, 7 de enero de 2008

Final Dress!!!

Finally I finished my dress. It is very different from Atonement, but I think it looks nice and that is enough for me! I have included two photographs from different points of view. The waistline sash is very simple in my dress because in the original one there was a complex structure impossible to follow. In fact, in one of the photos I have recently seen it seems there are a couple of buttons joining the skirt with the sash. I have already mentioned that my dress was in one piece, that is, it wasn't a bodice and a skirt, as it happened with the original. In this photograph you can see the shoulder straps, crossed and not straight as the original one. I did this - and I have already mentioned why- because the dress moved too much because the pattern of the back was wider in my dress.
Por fin terminé el vestido. Es muy diferente del de Expiación, pero es bonito y con eso me basta. He incluido dos fotografías con diferentes puntos de vista. El "fajín" es muchísimo más simple que el del original, que lleva un entramado bastante difícil de seguir. De hecho, en una de las últimas fotos que he visto, tomada en alguna exposición, aparecen unos botones que unen el fajín al vestido. Ya he mencionado que mi vestido es de una sola pieza y no con cuerpo y falda por separado, como el original. En la foto se pueden ver los tirantes, cruzados y no rectos. Lo hicé así porque- como ya dije- mi vestido era más amplio en la espalda.

In the front view you can see the upper part of the dress is not so loose as in the original one, but that is normal taking into account that I did not make the dress in two parts (bodice and skirt) but in one. As I did not use silk, the quality of the fabric is not the same. And one of the most important differences is the colour, as my fabric is darker than the original one.
En la vista frontal se puede ver que la parte de arriba del vestido no es tan amplia como la del original, pero es normal ya que mi vestido no está dividido en dos partes. Como no he usado seda, la calidad del tejido no es la misma, y en cuanto al color, mi tela era más oscura aunque tampoco queda mal.






1 comentario:

eLiSeJa dijo...

Ala Irene, ya quería ver yo cómo te había quedado el vestido al final... que me quedé con las ganas de verlo *o* ¡Eres una monstrua! ¡es mu bonico! *O*