jueves, 27 de diciembre de 2007

About the fabric


I imagined, and then read in the Costumer's Guide, that the original fabric was silk. I wanted a light fabric with movement, and I finally found a crepe satin that suited me. I know the original dress has no lining at all, but I also bought one in silk, in a darker tone of green. Of course, my dress does not move so fluidly as the original one, nor does it fall the same way when you walk, but I am quite happy with the result. I think in the photo the fabric seems darker, but it may give an idea of the kind of fabric or colour I am using.

Imaginé, y luego vi en Costumer's Guide, que el tejido original era seda. Quería una tela ligera con caída y al final encontré un crepe satén que me gustaba. El vestido original no lleva forro, pero yo le puso uno al mío, un forro de seda en un tono más oscuro que el vestido. Lógicamente, mi vestido no se mueve con tanta soltura como el original, pero estoy satisfecha con el resultado. En la foto el color está más oscuro de lo que es en realidad, pero da una idea del color que uso.

No hay comentarios: